This 1 day workshop is a mixture of topic presentations and hands-on projects. We believe you learn best by doing, so allow plenty of time for putting the theory into practice. By the end of the day you will have built a simple single page website using HTML, CSS & Bootstrap and been introduced to a number of key concepts, tools and tricks that will leave you enlightened to the inner workings of the web.
Things you’ll learn on the day
- What happens behind the scenes of the web
- HTML & CSS – what they are and why the web is built with them
- How to code a website from scratch
- Using Bootstrap to get a website built quickly and easily
- Registering a domain, setting up web hosting and getting a site online
- Best practice approaches to coding
- Tips & tricks used by industry professionals to help when coding
- Introduction to building a responsive website (one which resizes automatically when viewed on a different sized screen e.g. mobile, tablet, desktop)
Prerequisites & Preparation
No prior knowledge of coding is required or expected for this workshop. We will teach you everything you need to know about the fundamentals of the web and what goes on behind the scenes.
However, basic digital skills are necessary for this workshop. You should have a good base-level understanding of the internet, using a browser and word processing.
Equipment & Software Required
You’ll need your own laptop for this session, and an up-to-date web browser.
If this is a problem let us know in advance and we will endeavour to arrange one for you.
About the instructor
One of our founders, Oli Ward, is the instructor for this workshop. Oli has 8+ years working in the tech sector as a Web Developer, Technical Director & Technical Project Manager. He’s worked at digital agencies, start-ups and software companies and brings a wealth of knowledge, passion and experience to our workshops which provides an important and unique insight into the world of digital and the fundamentals of the web.