Our UX Design Bootcamp will teach you all the key skills required to research, define, design and develop digital services and products based upon user-centred design principles.
The programme’s industry informed curriculum will teach you how to approach problems creatively in order to design the next generation of great apps, websites, and digital products whilst preparing you to enter the industry as a UX Designer.
You will be introduced to industry standard creative software tools and working processes whilst solving real world client briefs and building your own portfolio to showcase your work as future UX designers.
Alongside this practical application of learned skills and techniques – you will be able to demonstrate your ability to successfully manage a project from concept to launch; combining commercially sought after skill-sets – through the application of research, design and technical development.
- Intensive 12 week full-time curriculum
- Hours 9am -5:30pm
- Additional homework & project work
- Content ratio 30% theory > 70% practical
- Classroom based with external visits, expert talks & ‘UX field trips’
- Weekly feedback
- Online resources
- Industry mentor
Students will finish the course competent in:
- Research & Analysis methods
- Understanding of UX best practice
- UX processes – Research & analysis methods
- User/Human-centred design processes
- Information architecture
- Visual design principles
- Creative software tools
- User Interface (UI) components & design patterns
- Responsive & mobile app design
- Wireframing, low-fidelity mockups & rapid prototyping
- Front-end web development – HTML5, CSS3, Sass, grid systems, building pattern libraries
- Project management, workflow & handover processes
- Usability testing & validation
- Portfolio presentation
Download our UX Design Bootcamp ‘factsheet’ & curriculum overview.
Not only will we teach you all the skills you’ll need to embark on your career as a UX Designer, we’ll also provide you with a whole heap of career support, advice and guidance along the way too.
This support will come in a variety of forms including:
- UX Designer Internship opportunity – we arrange for our graduates to interview for a range of 3 month, paid junior UX designer work placement opportunities. These roles with our partners will give you the chance to put all you’ve learnt into practice and help cement your knowledge and skills harnessed over the previous 12 weeks. Please note, we will attempt to arrange placement interviews for everyone on a cohort, but interviews or any subsequently offered placements cannot be guaranteed as they depend on availability at the time of graduation
- CV workshops & interview advice
- Career guidance and information on the possibilities and opportunities in the sector
- Development of a portfolio of project work
- Networking opportunities with both the local UX, design and tech communities & employers
- Help and support in applying for and securing your first role upon graduation (and onwards for as long as you like)
The UX Design Course is a highly intensive programme which requires a big commitment from our students. To learn everything you’ll need to head straight into industry upon graduation, you’ll have to put a lot of time and effort in. We’ll do our bit and teach you everything you need to know and provide as much support as possible, but we’ll need you to do your bit too!
You can expect to be onsite from 9 – 5:30 every weekday involved in a variety of lectures, workshops and project work.
Outside of this you will probably find yourself spending a few hours working with your fellow students on further study activities – on your own at home practicing what you’ve learnt or working on projects – at evening events, and industry meetups.
It will be an intense ride, but an extremely extremely rewarding one!
We promise it won’t all be hard work though. You’ll be surrounded by a group of likeminded students all going through the same experience. There will be A LOT of collaborative project work and plenty of opportunities for fun along the way. Bristol is an incredible city with a strong and very welcoming tech and digital community.
Course fees are £7,995 inc. VAT
Upon acceptance of a place on the course we require a non-refundable deposit of £500 to secure your place.
Need some help funding your course fees?
Professional and Career Development Loans
We are on the learning provider register for PCDL. You can find out all you need to know over at the gov uk page for Professional and Career Development Loans. Our learning provider number is – 21601
EdAid offer a crowdfunding platform and help you to promote your campaign to friends, family and their corporate partners, they then wrap the funds up in a 0% interest loan that you pay back at 10% of your monthly salary once employed.
Who this course is for
Our full-time UX Design immersive bootcamp is aimed at beginners with no previous design or technical experience.
Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centred Design and learn to validate ideas by going through the design process starting with User Research, Rapid Prototyping and ending with User Testing & Iteration.
You will also be introduced to industry standard creative software tools and working processes – and solving real ‘live’ client briefs alongside building your own portfolio to showcase your work as future UX/UI designers.
Full-time | 5 days a week | 12 weeks – starting on 16th April – 6th July 2018
We will be running this course regularly throughout the year – please contact us for more details.