Our part-time User Experience Design (UXD) course will teach you all the key skills required to research, define, design and develop digital services based upon user-centred design principles.
The programme’s industry informed curriculum will teach you how to approach problems creatively in order to design the next generation of great apps, websites, and digital products whilst preparing you to pursue opportunities to work as a User Experience Designer.
- 10 week part-time curriculum
- Thursday evenings + 2 full Saturdays
- Additional homework & project work
- Content ratio 30% theory > 70% practical
- Classroom based with expert instructors
Students will be taught the fundamentals of User Centred Design and learn to validate ideas by looping through the design process starting with User Research, Rapid Prototyping, User Testing and Iteration.
You will also be introduced to industry standard creative software tools and working processes – and working on a real ‘live’ client brief.
Alongside this practical application of learned skills and techniques – you will be able to demonstrate your ability to successfully manage a project from concept to launch; combining commercially sought after skill-sets – through the application of research, design and technical development.
Students will finish the course competent in:
- Research & Analysis methods
- Understanding of UX best practice
- UX processes – Research & analysis methods
- User/Human-centred design processes
- Information architecture
- Creative software tools
- Visual design principles
- User Interface (UI) components & design patterns
- Wireframing, low-fidelity mockups & rapid prototyping
- Identifying front-end web technologies (Note: This course is not a web development course)
- Project management, workflow & handover processes
- Usability testing & validation
Who this course is for
Our part-time UX Design course has been developed primarily for designers looking to upskill and expand their knowledge in UX Design methodologies and processes.
This programme will also be very useful for project managers (both agency and client-side) working with teams on user-centred projects or anyone working in digital development.
This course is aimed at anyone looking to learn the ‘mindset’ and application of User Experience Design to digital projects (both agency and client-side) – and to gain a deeper understanding of the methods, tools and processes of working as a UX Designer.
This course is ideal for:
Project and account managers
This is by no means an exhaustive list.
- Thursday September 6th -18:30 – 21:30
- Thursday September 13th -18:30 – 21:30
- Thursday September 20th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Thursday September 27th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Thursday October 4th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Thursday October 11th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Thursday October 18th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Saturday October 20th – 9:30 – 17:30
- Thursday October 25th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Saturday October 27th – 9:30 – 17:30
- Thursday November 1st – 18:30 – 21:30
- Thursday November 8th – 18:30 – 21:30