This part-time course teaches the fundamentals of modern front-end web development.
It’s a highly structured course introducing key front-end web development processes, tools, concepts and techniques.
Learn how to code mobile-friendly, responsive websites from scratch, using HTML5 and CSS3 and the latest web development practices from industry experts.
Along the way learn about modern project processes, tools and frameworks (Sass and Bootstrap). As well as the latest CSS layout techniques (such as CSS Grid and Flexbox), accessibility, and web performance
By the end of this course you will be able to build and host simple websites that work seamlessly across multiple devices.
Students will finish the course with the ability to:
- build and host simple websites built with HTML5 and CSS3
- take a design and turn it into a fully functioning web page using code
- understand the fundamentals of CSS layout, responsive web design, and cutting-edge methods like CSS grid and flexbox
- write semantic HTML
- have an understanding of accessibility and performance considerations
- understand to a functional level how the web, domains, DNS, servers and hosting work
- competently use the essential tools of a web developer – code editor, Photoshop, browser development tools, testing tools
Who this course is for
This is a part-time course teaching front-end development to a professional standard. It would suit anyone that has a strong interest in learning to code and is keen to find out what goes into making well built, beautiful websites with a focus on usability.
It could be the first step on the road to a new career in digital; or help to keep your skillset relevant for the evolving workplace of the future.
It might give you the technical knowledge to get your startup idea off the ground or enable you to work better with your developer team.
This course is ideal for:
Project and account managers
This is by no means an exhaustive list.
There is a mandatory pre-course to complete before starting the in-person sessions. This pre-course is a mixture of online tutorials, reading and videos with the purpose of getting students in a position to make the most of their time on the programme.
- Saturday March 16th – 09:30 – 17:30
- Tuesday March 19th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Tuesday March 26th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Tuesday April 2nd – 18:30 – 21:30
- Saturday April 6th – 09:30 – 17:30
- Tuesday April 9th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Tuesday April 16th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Tuesday April 23rd – 18:30 – 21:30
Please note there will be challenges, further reading and projects to complete at home in-between the sessions. Although the course is part-time, it is intensive and requires time and commitment to make the most of it.