***Thanks to our Opportunity Fund we’re able to offer 3 subsidised places on this course for return to work mothers – see this news post for all the details on how to apply***
This part-time course teaches the fundamentals of modern front-end web development.
It’s a highly structured course introducing key front-end web development processes, tools, concepts and techniques.
Learn how to code mobile-friendly, responsive websites from scratch, using HTML5 and CSS3 and the latest web development practices from industry experts.
Along the way learn about modern project processes, tools and frameworks (Sass and Bootstrap). As well as the latest CSS layout techniques (such as CSS Grid and Flexbox), accessibility, and web performance
By the end of this course you will be able to build and host simple websites that work seamlessly across multiple devices.
Students will finish the course with the ability to:
- build and host simple websites built with HTML5 and CSS3
- take a design and turn it into a fully functioning web page using code
- understand the fundamentals of CSS layout, responsive web design, and cutting-edge methods like CSS grid and flexbox
- write semantic HTML
- have an understanding of accessibility and performance considerations
- understand to a functional level how the web, domains, DNS, servers and hosting work
- competently use the essential tools of a web developer – code editor, Photoshop, browser development tools, testing tools
Who this course is for
This is a part-time course for complete beginners. It would suit anyone looking to learn to code, improve their digital skills and get a deeper understanding of the web.
It could be the first step on the road to a new career in digital; or help to keep your skillset relevant for the evolving workplace of the future.
It might give you the technical knowledge to get your startup idea off the ground or enable you to work better with your developer team.
This course is ideal for:
Project and account managers
This is by no means an exhaustive list.
- Saturday September 30th – 9:30 – 17:30
- Tuesday October 3rd – 18:30 – 21:30
- Tuesday October 10th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Tuesday October 17th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Saturday October 21st – 9:30 – 17:30
- Tuesday October 24th – 18:30 – 21:30
- Tuesday October 31st – 18:30 – 21:30
- Tuesday November 7th – 18:30 – 21:30